Sailing scoring kept simple.
SailScores makes publishing sail race results simple and fast: simple enough that the scores can be entered and shared from a phone on the water. Competitors and clubs should be able to view scores in many ways from many devices, and see trends and specifics.
You can host your club's scores on this site. Fill out the form for the initial club setup.
If you'd rather provide your own servers, SailScores is open-source software. The code is available at https://github.com/SailScores/SailScores. You are welcome to run your own instance of this. We'll provide support as time allows.
What's the catch?
Why is SailScores free? What about "If you're not paying for a service, you are the product."?
The expense to host this site is less than $20 a month. Development time is a more significant contribution but is happily donated: score entry troubles are reduced, the growth of sailing is supported and technologies are learned.
Some day, some features may require more resources or payment to other services. When that becomes an issue we'll find a way to only charge the users of the "Premium" features.
We are committed to providing a free option regardless. Our clubs haven't had large budgets and would have benefited from SailScores. We'd like to share.
FutureWe're working on new features, including:
- Integration with social media, such as automatic posting of results to Twitter.
- Additional analysis for competitors in different conditions.
- More import and export options to integrate with existing scoring software.
- Deeper trend reporting for clubs: What's the average wind for your club's races?
- More options for result entry: let's keep making result entry simpler and faster. We've got even more ideas for this...
View a list of issues and feature requests at GitHub
Please send feedback! Use the email addresses below, reach out on Twitter @SailScores or via Github.